USAA.com Login Failing

Hi folks,
I'm having trouble with my login for USAA.com.

I found a seemingly-similar previous post (http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/3956-usaa-fill-login-doesnt-work/page__hl__usaa__fromsearch__1), but it is not in fact the same. Specifically, NOTHING is being filled in for me when I attempt to use 1P.

Further, trying to create a new login doesn't seem to be working. I've done the following:

* I deleted the existing login, and logged in again, hoping 1P would prompt me to save my login. No luck.

* I logged out and went back to the form, and entered the info, but did not submit (trying to follow these directions: #15). I then clicked the 1P button in Safari's toolbar. I don't have a "Save Login", but the + button in the upper right seems to do this. I don't have an Action field though - I'm guessing these instructions are now out of date with the new Safari Extension, but maybe I'm missing it?

Hope you can help.

Comments

• nachalnik
    nachalnik
    Community Member
    edited March 2012
    You will need to give the folks at AgileBits a little more info (what version of 1PW and what extension version at a minimum). I have no trouble logging into any of 3 separate USAA accounts (mine, wife's, daughter's), with any of the browsers I am using. Specific to Safari, I am using 1PW 3.8.18 with extension 3.9.1. Everything works as normal.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the forums, pbones. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

It sounds like everything is working well for nachalnik, so I'm sure we can get things working for you as well.

Here are the instructions for manually saving a Login item:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://www.usaa.com...ent_logon/Logon

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know. If you're still having trouble, please do provide version numbers for 1Password, Safari, and the 1Password Safari extension as nachalnik kindly suggested.

Thanks!
  • Welp, I updated 1P, and restarted my browser. At that point, I was able to manually save the login and have it work. So, I'm set - thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread to let me know. :D

I hope you enjoy your week.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.