Settings reset after every browser restart

Options

I am using Firefox and this extension. And it is quite annoying.

Everytime I (have to) restart Firefox, all the settings of the extension are reset, which means I again see the annoying ad about privacy.com (which is not even offered in my region), have to set watchtower alerts, change automatic lock time to my preference, etc.

I don't have to do this with any other extension which holds state, why here?

1Password Version: -
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Fedora 33
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Furro! Welcome to the forum!

Do you perhaps have Firefox set to "never remember history"? Or to delete cookies for 1Password.com upon quitting?

• Furro
    Furro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I do have "clear history when firefox closes" enabled but its customized and only these are selected: "Browsing & Download History", "Form & Search History", "Cache", "Site Preferences" and "Offline Website Data". Ecplicitly "cookies" is not selected. I also do not have the setting enabled "Delete cookie and site data when Firefox is closed".

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Furro ,

1Password writes some necessary files (including settings) to Firefox's local storage, so the following may affect its settings and the general functionality of the extension:

• If clearing cache every time the browser closes, it may delete the extension's settings.
    • If clearing cookies every time the browser closes, it may delete the extension's settings.
    • If "Always use private browsing" is turned on, it may prevent the extension from initializing and make it non-operational.

A combination of the above may also cause some of these issues to occur.
    Firefox is quite strict when it comes to its privacy settings, even with the extensions users install in it.

• Furro
    Furro
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thank you I will play around with the settings!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Furro, thank you! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)

This discussion has been closed.