Subdomains [again]

Options

When will 1Password allow us to only show results for the domain including subdomain instead of only the domain?

This feature request is taking forever! How hard can this be for development? We need this!

Comments

• ag_max
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @martinvandiemen,

I don't have any news to share about this exact feature today. As you've probably already seen from other posts in this community, our development team is actively looking at ways to better improve the handling of showing suggestions for subdomains in the browser, though it's going to take some additional time before this may appear in a future release. To ensure our team is able to effectively track interest, I've gone ahead and passed this on to our developers.

For now, there are a few workarounds that may help you (and anyone else reading this post in the near future) deal with the current suggestion filling behavior:

1. Give each login item a unique title so they're more easily distinguishable when selecting which one to fill.
    2. If there's one (or a few) that you use more than others, they can be added to Favorites.
    3. Create unique vaults to separate the logins that you don't use often.

I appreciate your patience and I hope the above helps. As always, our team is here to help if you have any questions or need a hand with anything else. :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max,

I appreciate the feedback but lik I mentioned in my other post I would expect more from 1Password. As much as I love 1Password. It feels like business is not top of mind lately.

1. I agree that giving them a unique name could be a work-around but the UI of 1Password X has caused us issues because the name of the item is too long (can't see the complete name) and that results in wrong items being updated.
    2. We manage over thousands of passwords so Favorites is not an option.
    3. Creating a vault for each subdomain would be a real pain and not a solution. Just imagine how much work it would cause to setup RBAC.
  • ag_max
    Options

Hi @martinvandiemen,

Thanks for providing your additional feedback, especially regarding the 1Password in the browser (formerly known as 1Password X) item length, which can result in length item names being cut off. That’s something I’d like to look into. While I don’t have any timetable for release or updates to share, I’m confident things will improve in this area in the future.

I do also recommend checking out the 1Password in the Browser section of the 1Password Community, as well as our Blog from time to time, to read about new developments.

This discussion has been closed.