1Password Vulnerability (?!)

I have been exchanging emails with 1Password support about this, but I find that my 1Password DOES NOT LOCK, despite my having set it to lock after 10 minutes of inactivity. Apparently, some background process is keeping my computer "active" in such a way that the lock is not being triggered. I can walk away from my computer for 10 hours, and when I come back, I can access my 1Password-secured accounts without re-entering my password credentials. That means that my screensaver password is effectively my 1Password login, unless I manually lock 1Password when I leave my computer. This seems to me like a major vulnerability, and one that should be addressed by 1Password rather than by individual users.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Vulnerability (?!)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BShoelso! Welcome to the forum!

I have been exchanging emails with 1Password support about this

Can you please share your ticket number, so we can see your discussion so far? Thank you!

• BShoelso
    BShoelso
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,
    The ticket number is #XRR-67523-971.
    Thanks,
    Brett

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @BShoelso! I see that my colleague Joy sent you an email with some additional suggestions 2 days ago, have you received it?

ref: XRR-67523-971

• FelipeBentoNG
    FelipeBentoNG
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

1Password keeps running forever until I realize I must manually close it, even if it is set to lock after 3 minutes.

@ag_ana May you help me with this issue, please?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FelipeBentoNG:

Are you referring to the 1Password desktop app, the 1Password browser extension, or the 1Password.com website when you visit your account in the browser?

• FelipeBentoNG
    FelipeBentoNG
    Community Member

@ag_ana Standalone 1Password 4 for Windows

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FelipeBentoNG:

Thank you for the confirmation! The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to [email protected], so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.