To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Accidentally created new password for new accound

deakristensen
deakristensen
Community Member

Hi. I needed to set up another account and migrate data from a family account. Did that, but realised I accidentally created a new master password - which it looks like I was not supposed to do. Now I can sign into the new account on 1password.com with new master password, but on my apps still have to use the old master password. My intent is to delete the family account vaults - will this be a problem in terms of these 2 passwords? Can I rectify this somehow or do I need to?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• deakristensen
    deakristensen
    Community Member

I think I fixed it already. Changed new master password to old one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @deakristensen! For confirmation, which one is the account you would like to use moving forward? Is it the Individual account or the Families account?

• deakristensen
    deakristensen
    Community Member

It's the individual account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @deakristensen. Since you now changed the password for your new account to the one you would like to use, you can certainly delete your previous Families account if you don't need to use it anymore.

Even if you did not change the password for the new account however, you could proceed with the deletion of the old Families account anyways, as each 1Password account can have its own Master Password, which could also be different :+1:

• deakristensen
    deakristensen
    Community Member

Thank you so much @ag_ana! Good to hear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @deakristensen, I am glad I could help! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.