Sync option missing in iOS app

ahmadsabbahi09
ahmadsabbahi09
Community Member

I was able to setup a WLAN server from my Mac; however, when I go to my iOS app to sync between my app and my iPhone I do not see the 'sync' option when I go to settings on my iPhone. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync option missing iOS

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ahmadsabbahi09!

If you don't see the Sync tab in the Preferences, it means that you are syncing your data through 1Password.com because you have a 1Password Membership. With a Membership, sync is automatic so you don't need to configure anything manually :)

Normally it's not necessary to use multiple sync method unless you know what you are doing, so to make sure we are on the same page: may I ask why you are trying to sync a vault with an external sync method when you have automatic sync through 1Password.com already?

• ahmadsabbahi09
    ahmadsabbahi09
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana for your reply. I was trying to sync a vault that is locally stored on my desktop to my iPhone without sending it through the 1Password servers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ahmadsabbahi09:

Thank you for the clarification. Have you enabled standalone vaults in your 1Password for iOS app already (inside the app > Settings > Vaults > Enable Standalone Vaults)?

• ahmadsabbahi09
    ahmadsabbahi09
    Community Member

@ag_ana Oh, I did not do that. I was able to enable it and it now works, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @ahmadsabbahi09! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.