Are there different levels of admin access?

Options
alinton
alinton
Community Member

We are engaging with an MSP to provide IT support and would like to give restricted 1password access such that they can add/remove people to certain vaults during onboarding/offboarding, but not have full admin access to all of our vaults. Is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:different admin levels of access

Comments

• ag_max
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @alinton! Welcome to the 1Password Community. I'll be happy to help.

With 1Password Teams and Business, there are two built-in groups that have varying privileges:

• Owners can do everything within an account. By default, only they can control the billing settings.
    • Administrators can add and manage vaults, groups, and team members. They can also recover accounts. Note that only Administrators can manage vaults where they've been selected to do so. If the Administrators group has been deselected for a particular vault at creation, only the Owners group will be able to manage this vault by default.

If you happen to be using 1Password Business, you could create a custom group and assign the View Administrative Sidebar, Manage People, Invite & Remove People permissions to it to meet your use case. You could then assign this group to have management permissions over certain vaults of your choosing. Just to note, while that would limit their vault access, they would gain access to the Activity Log, the ability to create reports, and have the ability to view the Dashboard in the administrative sidebar.

Use custom groups in 1Password Business

I hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. :)

• alinton
    alinton
    Community Member
    Options

This is super helpful and exactly what I was looking to do. Thank you!

• ag_max
    Options

You're very welcome, @alinton.

Let us know if we can help with anything in the future. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.