Problems moving 1Password 6 to new M1 MacBook.

Options
MFitz
MFitz
Community Member

I am trying to move my copy of 1Password 6 from my mid-2009 MacBook Pro to a new M1 MacBook. I used Migration Assistant, and that seemed to work. Now, however, I seem to have all my passwords, etc., in 1PW 7, and 1PW 6 isn't working. That would be OK, but the Safari browser extension doesn't work, either. I can't log into 1PW 7 because I don't have a secret key (I have a license for 1PW 6) and I don't know what my sign-in address is (sorry for being dense). I wouldn't mind subscribing to 1 PW 7, but I'm worried about complicating all the current issues I'm having. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MFitz! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this, but I think we will need to take a look at your current configuration to make sure we understand exactly how you configured your 1Password app on this new laptop. To do this, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• MFitz
    MFitz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response!
    I've sent the diagnostics report email to support+forum@agilebits.com as instructed.
    I wasn't able to find any kind of ticket number. If it is generated by the email, I will send it in another comment.
    By the way, I am not wedded to 1PW6. I'm definitely OK with subscribing to iPassword7 if that turns out to be the solution to this problem. I am just an individual, basic user of 1PW for secure passwords and notes, but I rely on the program nearly everyday.
    Thanks for your help!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @MFitz. I've connected the dots now. :)

Ben

ref: GUY-76785-556

This discussion has been closed.