multiple Browser lockout issue

Options

I use a PC with Chrome Browser for work using Google Workspace. I also use Brave browser for my personal Google account and email. Whenever I switch browsers, 1Password locks me out of the other browser. This is frustrating because I have to unlock 1Password in that browser MANUALLY each time I switch. Please tell me there is a way for 1Password to be UNLOCKED permanently in both browsers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1231
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @bsacco,

Since 1Password - Password Manager is a standalone 1Password. There is nothing to hold it back after closing your browser and you will have to enter your master password to unlock it. That being the case, we are working hard to integrate the new 1Password in your browser with the desktop app so it can stay unlocked with the 1Password desktop app and allow you to unlock using touchID and PIN. I can't tell you the exact date, but you can go here for more information and updates.

• bsacco
    bsacco
    Community Member
    Options

that is...unless you have two different browsers and two different Google accounts that are tied to two different email addresses, email accounts and calendars....then add in Zoom to make it more interesting...that's when the confusion begins...

• Hello @bsacco,

Putting it that way does make it quite inconvenient. Entering master password multiple times, one for each browser and account, is far from ideal indeed. The good news is that it won't be long until we can share lock sates between the 1Password desktop app and the 1Password in your browser. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features we offer.

• bsacco
    bsacco
    Community Member
    Options

So, you are admitting that 1Password has flaws in this area and cannot deal with my situation?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bsacco:

This behavior is currently by design, and from what you wrote, I think 1Password can deal with your situation. Indeed, you are using 1Password in multiple browsers already. Our developers however are working on desktop app integration so the experience will be even better in the future, regardless of how many browsers you use ;)

• fourthaspersion
    fourthaspersion
    Community Member
    Options

This is a also a major issue I have been experiencing and frustrating enough to unsubscribe eventually, since I need a tool that is both powerful (which it is) but convenient enough to run in the background with all my browsers seamlessly w/o having to think or deal with it unless I need it. Does that make sense? Well, hoping for that update to arrive soon.
    Good weekend!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That certainly makes sense @fourthaspersion :+1: We are all anxiously awaiting for the update :)

• bsacco
    bsacco
    Community Member
    Options

Why do i have to log into 1Password Chrome extension everyday even though I selected in prefrences to stay OPEN ?

• @bsacco, keeping 1Password in your browser unlocked across browser restarts would require storing your account password somewhere on disk, which is a potential security risk and why your password needs to be entered when the browser starts up fresh.

This discussion has been closed.