Master password works on iMac and 1Password website but not on my iPhone and iPads

Options
donhatch
donhatch
Community Member

I can’t log into 1Password on my iOS devices using my master password but I can log into 1Password on my iMac and the 1Password website using the same master password. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.7.1 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Master password working on my iMac and 1Password website but not on my iPhone and iPads.

Comments

• @donhatch

I most often see this occur when someone has moved to one of our membership offerings, and they have inadvertently left a Primary vault on their device. The Primary vault can open with a different Master Password. Can you unlock with a previous Master Password you may have used? Do you see a Primary vault on your device? Are you using one of our memberships?

If so, please follow these instructions.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

Your device should now unlock with the same Master Password you use to access 1Password.com

--

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists, then it will unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in, then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

This discussion has been closed.