Options and best practices for families

mk842
mk842
Community Member

I have been using 1P for Mac forever :-) (currently 1P 7.7) but have finally convinced my husband he should use a password manager too. I'm trying to understand my options. In particular, I'd like us to see each others passwords, but I'm concerned about him unintentionally modifying mine. (We're not all so tech-savy) I keep his passwords for him now, so the reverse concern does not really apply. Are there options for something like that? Is there anything written on this site on best practices for families. Anything to help me understand what options I do or don't have in setting this up have would be appreciated. (I realize all the answers I need are probably already posted here, but not in one location that I can find.)

platforms: I have a Mac, he has a windows 10 laptop. We each have iPhones and iPads.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mk842 If you literally want to view every one of each others passwords then you need to have them all in shared vaults. If you want to stop your husband accidently modifying your passwords then you need to put yours in a shared vault which he can view, but not edit.

The default shared vault allows everyone in the family to view and edit. So you could put his passwords in there and create a new shared vault to store your passwords. Go to the link below and click on New Vault. Choose a name for it, check you have View & Edit rights and give him permission to View. Then move your passwords to the new shared vault. This is most easily done from the Mac desktop app as you can select multiple items and move them all in one go.

https://my.1password.com/vaults

• @mk842

My colleague Mercedes should be contacting you shortly via the email support request that you submitted.

This discussion has been closed.