"Show 1Password" shortcut causes Mini to appear re-attached to the menu extra, but only in Safari

Kepi
Kepi
Community Member

I normally have the Mini window detached from the menu extra and centered on my monitors. Regardless of whether I hit the Fill Login or Show 1Password keyboard shortcuts, the window always appeared in the center of my current screen. With the 7.7 update and/or Big Sur, this behaviour has changed, but only in Safari.

• In any other app, both shortcuts cause Mini to appear centered on my screen
  • In Safari, the Fill Login shortcut causes Mini to appear centered on my screen (if there's multiple items present that necessitate the window to appear, rather than simply autofilling in the current page)
  • In Safari, the Show 1Password shortcut causes Mini to appear re-attached to the menu extra

Eventually, this re-attachment will cause the Mini window to appear in that location even in other apps (though in that situation, it's still detached from the menu extra but has simply been moved into that location on screen). I haven't been able to track down what sequence of actions cause this additional quirk, but it happens periodically.

I just want my Mini window to stay in the middle of my monitors! ;)

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OS X 11.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password.ca

Comments

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member

This behaviour is still present in 1Password 7.8, unfortunately. Doesn't appear to have been captured in "Fixed placement of 1Password mini when unlocking from Safari if biometry isn't available. {#5125}"

Which I guess makes sense since the computers where I have it happen (iMac Pro and 2020 iMac) both have bioemtry and Watch unlock is enabled on both.

1Password Version: 7.8
    Extension Version: 7.8
    OS Version: OS X 11.2.1
    Sync Type: 1Password.ca

• This behavior is intentional.

This discussion has been closed.