Unlock typing Bug on Mac Big Sur using Chrome 1Password extension

I only get 3-5 seconds to type my password when I hit Shift-Cmd-X, after that i cannot type anything. This only happens in the Chrome extension. Also when typing. works it is delayed by 1-2 second.

Chrome: Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (x86_64)

If I uninstall and re-install the extension it works as expected for 1-2 times but quickly fallsback in the bug typing mode.

Notes:

• This bug is enough to make me currently testing LastPass and Bitwarden to move away. I only work with the keyboard, the mouse is a waste of time in my workflow. But at least I discovered this morning that I type my password really quickly it appears 1 second after dans works.
  • Works OK on Firefox and Safari, but Chrome is still my main browser. I also use Brave, I still need to try it but since it's a Chromium clone my current assumption it's the same as Chrome.
  • As you can see I'm a power user :)

Cheers,

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: OS X 11.2.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• @catardif

There are several unlocking issues fixed within the current beta (release candidate) I hope you'll see an improvement soon.

• meanspa
    meanspa
    Community Member

I believe I'm also encountering this bug. Just signed up for 1Password yesterday and installed the Chrome extension. Whenever I try to unlock my vault, typing lags and appears unresponsive until I submit the password form and it tells me it failed/succeeded. I tried disabling all other extensions and it doesn't appear to help.

Chrome: 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (x86_64)
    MacOS: 11.2.3

• @meanspa,

If you have multiple displays hooked up, what happens if you drag the chrome window onto the display that (System Preferences -> Displays -> Arrangement -> screen that has the menubar on it ) that is considered the 'primary display'?

• meanspa
    meanspa
    Community Member

@rudy That changes the behavior, thanks! In case it's helpful, here's a full rundown of what I found based on your suggestion:

Premise: 16" 2020 Macbook Pro, using the laptop screen along with an external monitor

Scenario 1: Laptop screen is primary

• Bug happens when the browser is on the external monitor
    • No bug when browser is on the laptop screen

Scenario 2: External monitor is primary

• No bug when the browser is on the external monitor
    • No bug when browser is on the laptop screen

Summary: It looks like this only happens on the external monitor when it's not the primary monitor. I moved the menu bar back to the laptop screen and confirmed that the bug occurred again.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @meanspa ,

As ag_tommy mentioned, we've already fixed this in our beta version, which you can get here.

The fix should arrive the stable version on the next update, so you can also wait for it if you prefer.

Moving Chrome into your main display is one way to go around the issue. The other way is simply typing in your Master Password even though it looks like nothing is being typed in, then hit Enter and it should still unlock if your password is correct.

This discussion has been closed.