1P not working with Edge Beta

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Since Edge and 1Password updated today, 1Password is no longer working with Edge. If I try to click on the extension, it just shows the extension menu saying 'desktop app required'. If I use the keyboard shortcut, the 1Password Mini window just shows an empty results set for 'msedgebeta'.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800000) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like 1Password can't verify the identity of the browser.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like Edge itself is validly signed and notarized

• rudy
    Options

@kop48,

You're currently running the release version of 1Password, it is only configured to work with the release version of Edge. Edge beta is only supported by the beta versions of 1Password for Mac.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on the Beta update channel, but it looks like I received the retail build as the Beta and Production channels converged. :)

• @kop48

The 1Password beta will always update to the latest stable build until a new beta is released. Currently there is not an available beta.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

It'd be awesome if the 'stable' build that's released to the Beta channel didn't break the users that are on that channel :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback here @kop48 .

Usually a beta version ships out immediately after a new stable version is released, so the transition is seamless in most cases, but this time the beta has not been shipped out yet and the latest most recent version is the stable one.

Your app should update automatically as soon as we release the beta, at which point a simple restart to 1Password and the browser should restore functionality :+1:

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

So, it's now been over a week since the current version was updated to 'Retail', and I have to use 1Password manually with my browser as it won't recognise the Beta build. I understand the intent of what you're doing (getting coverage on a release build), but it's infuriating for your Beta users. I would love it if you improved the functionality of users on the Beta update train to include signature validation of Beta browsers in Retail builds if they've got the Beta updates flag set. It'd make things MUCH easier for them, while not reducing the security of Retail customers.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kop48 ,
    Thanks for checking in on this.

It is in my understanding that we're planning on adding Edge's beta and dev edition's code signatures to the desktop app so this hopefully won't be an issue again. I don't have an ETA though, so my apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime, if you have a 1Password.com account, perhaps you can utilize 1Password in the browser until we release this feature: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

Thank you for your patience.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

No worries, glad that you’re looking at a solution :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.