Hi Santander UK now has two factor authentification

Options

Hi 2FA is now active from Santander UK but this is not yet showing on the 1 password list so we can't set it up to use with the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:santander uk

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jamie7!

You can use 1Password do this already, you don't need for the notification to appear. Here are the instructions to do that, should you need them:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

• Jamie7
    Jamie7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi the Santander website does not offer a QR code?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Jamie7 From what I've read, Santander UK's two factor authentication uses the bank's mobile app or SMS text to deliver the passcodes. It is not based on industry standard Time-based One Time Passcodes, so 1Password cannot help. This seems to be the case for most UK banks.

• Jamie7
    Jamie7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi thanks, seems pretty backwards from the UK banks but tally’s with other difficulties I guess

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, not all websites adapt the open standard of time based one-time passcodes. Some of them use proprietary methods, and some use SMS authentication.

I do hope they'll change that in the future, and I urge you to let them know that it is always best to use an open industry standard rather than their own solutions when it comes to authentication :)

This discussion has been closed.