Couple of issues - Mac related

skaterboy
skaterboy
Community Member

I'm not sure what's changed but I've been having a few issues over the past months. First I'm asked for my Master Password every day, I have it set for two weeks. I have the watch and ID touch also configured. This worked well and one day it just started asking for the Master Password everyday. Once I log in then the touch works fine, for the rest of the day lol.

Second, 1password doesn't seem to play well any longer with my Safari Passwords. I used both side by side for awhile, for over a year, then all of a sudden it's not so smooth. 1Pass is my main manager, but it used to let me choose safari passwords or 1pass. Now I get 1pass popping up everywhere and its been a bit of a hassle, especially since I have to manually log in all the time. I use 80% safari, I cant even get 1pass to work with Chrome any longer, I just gave up on that and I manually input passwords from 1pass when accessing from Chrome. Everything used to be so smooth, something changed last year around November for me, any thoughts? This was before I upgraded to Big Sur.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@skaterboy

Please update 1Password 7.8. It should resolve the Apple Watch, and Touch ID problems.

The options for the inline menu in Safari are as follows.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• skaterboy
    skaterboy
    Community Member

Thank you, I updated it and followed your above instructions. Is there any way to get 1password to work with Chrome? I have it installed, yet it asks for the master password every time I want to use it, even when the app itself is open on my dock, thanks!

• @skaterboy

Not yet. The best option may be to leave the browser window open and adjust your auto-lock settings until 1Password in the browser see's its code improvements with Touch ID, etc.

Get to know 1Password in your browser

You could also optionally switch to the classic extension, which still supports things like Touch ID.

Get the 1Password classic extension

This discussion has been closed.