1Password native doesn't work for Google Chrome

Options
alihuda2002
alihuda2002
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently 1Password doesn't seem to work on Google Chrome for any site at all.

Option-Command-Backslash () shows what I've attached on the screenshot above.

1Password 7
Version 7.8 (70800000)
OS Version 10.15.7 (19H114)
Extension version 1.23.1

It works fine on Safari

1Password Version: 7.8 (70800000)
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: 10.15.7 (19H114)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@alihuda2002

The extension you have installed in Chrome is likely 1Password in the browser (formerly 1Password X), not our classic extension. It does not integrate directly with the Mac app, where the classic extension does. The newer extension is capable of working independently without the Mac app. With that said, the 1Password helper at the top our your screen has no knowledge of the newer 1Password extension.

1Password (X) in the browser has its own pop up for suggestions within the browser. That being Shift + Command + X.

• alihuda2002
    alihuda2002
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy is there a way to get the non-browser one? I have Touched to Unlock and I'd rather use that than typing a password every time.

• @alihuda2002

Sure you can switch to our classic extension.

Get the 1Password classic extension

• alihuda2002
    alihuda2002
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thank you so much! For some reason, I couldn't find that extension when downloading it...

Clicking installing here always brings me to a non-classic version.

• You're welcome. Some of the changes are very recent and the apps have not caught up, yet.

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_tommy -- thanks! I was happily using the classic browser plugin with chrome and today I got a message on the screen (which I didn't write down) suggesting I needed to install the browser plugin, and when I did, it appears I got the X version and so was rather confused by the fact that Cmd+\ no longer seemed to work ... it opens the mini instead.

Having used 1P forever, I prefer not to retrain my muscle memory. Is there a way to configure the shortcut key in the browser plugin?

Also, any idea why the old one just stopped working?

• @Tom Harrison

As far as I know, it's not possible to change the shortcut. The newer extension has greater filling capabilities. I prefer it now after getting accustomed to it. I was a very long-term holdout and made the switch a little over a year ago.

I have no idea about the message. You're the first to describe that to me. I would never have seen it, having already made the transition. It actually took me less time than I imagined to get familiar with the new shortcut.

This discussion has been closed.