2 Users / 1 Shared PC / 1 Windows Account / 1Password Extension

Options
pwm2themax
pwm2themax
Community Member

My wife and I signed up for a 14-day 1Password Family account trial to see if it will meet our needs. We each have our own 1Password credentials and share some vault items. We each have our own devices, but we also have a shared device.

We have one shared PC with a single Windows account that we share. We both use the same browser. We each want to use our own 1Password Account credential when we are using the PC and want to use the 1Password (previously called 1PasswordX) extension.

We have used both LassPass and BitWarden and they are both able to do this. User 1 signs into the extension and users their passwords, when done User 1 signs out of the extension, then user 2 signs into the extension and uses their passwords. How do I do this in 1Password?

I know there are probably other "work-around" solutions, but I don't want to do things like sign in under a separate Windows account, use the 1Password desktop app, or use a different browser to pull this off. I also don't want to use the same 1Password account that my wife does for many reasons including that I have stronger passwords and use 2FA which she doesn't want to hassle with.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2 Users / Shared PC / 1Password Extension

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

Does your browser support multiple profiles? In Chrome you can sign into multiple different profiles with their own installed extensions and extension state.

• pwm2themax
    pwm2themax
    Community Member
    Options

That's a good suggestion. That might work. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of plttn, you are welcome @pwm2themax! And I agree that multiple profiles are probably the best solution looking at your requirements.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.