faster way to open 1password. yubikey?

RickyF
RickyF
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,
I wonder if it is possible to use some kind of device to avoid having to enter my master key every time I want to open 1password app for windows. I know we can use windows hello but it is there any other faster way as for example touching an YibiKey sensor?

thanks a lot!

RickyF

1Password Version: for windows 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• Hi @RickyF 👋

Right now you're limited to either entering your Master Password, or using Windows Hello (on subsequent logins) to unlock 1Password.

We don't have any plans to allow for YubiKeys to unlock 1Password at this time.

• RickyF
    RickyF
    Community Member

What a pity. If you use a good master password normally is long and to unlock password you have to introduce manually the password at least more that 20 times a day.
    Could be a good improvement.
    Thanks for the info.
    Ricky

• @RickyF

I totally understand how entering a lengthy Master Password multiple times a day can get annoying fast, but Windows Hello should provide the shortcut to your workflow that you're looking for!

Any reason why you'd choose to use a YubiKey over Windows Hello?

• RickyF
    RickyF
    Community Member

Hi Blake,
    For the same reason of having to enter the code too many times beside it is as insecure. anyone knowing the code can log in. But I think have got the solution. I have seen there is an app from yubikey that can be used to log in w10 password less , just touching the key and you can login. Will try this method ,
    thanks for the help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @RickyF, let us know how it goes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.