Creating Non-standard login

Options

I am trying to figure out how to create a 1P login entry for this web site https://www.choicehomewarranty.com/account-center/?logout

Notice it does not require password but rather a "Policy:" and "Email Address:"

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 H20
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @allawrence!

I have just tried using this method and it worked for me on that website ;)

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

When I right-click 1P in the Chrome toolbar, I am NOT seeing the "Save Login" mentioned.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

Please do not right-click on the extension: a simple left click will show the regular menu :+1:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

The link you sent me, specifically states to right-click the 1P icon in the browser toolbar... did that and did not find the "Save Password".
    Then you say to NOT right-click but use a "simple" left-click.... [The picture in the link references 1Password X... I am not using 1PX]

When I left-click on the browser 1P icon it does not present a "menu"

I must be having a major senior moment.... :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

I see now that you are using a different version of the 1Password browser extension, the older one. The instructions I sent you referred to the latest version of the browser extension. Since you did not write which one you were using, I assumed it was the most recent one :)

In that case, please give these instructions a try instead:

Use the 1Password classic extension to save a login manually in your browser

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

OK, that worked! Sorry about not filling in the extension version.
    The version is 4.7.5.90 is that the current Chrome version? Is there a list of browser extensions on your web site to verify all my browsers are current? I assume that Chrome auto updates to new versions, I will have to check Chrome settings to ensure that is the case.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

OK, that worked!

That's great to hear! Thank you for the update!

Is there a list of browser extensions on your web site to verify all my browsers are current? I assume that Chrome auto updates to new versions, I will have to check Chrome settings to ensure that is the case.

Yes, the browser extension automatically updates by default. Version 4.7.5.90 is indeed the latest version of the classic extension.

We have a never extension, as you have discovered before downloading the classic extension, with a different version number. But if you are now using version 4.7.5.90, and that's the one you like to use, there is nothing else to update for now :)

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

I am having an issue with the chrome browser 1P as of this morning

When I open Chrome browser it keeps asking me to login .. over and over... when I respond it places an additional 1P icon in the system tray.

I removed 1P from the Chrome browser but can not find the 4.7.5.90 version to reload, only the 1Password X (1.23).

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Just found it the 4.7.5.90 after doing a web search... added it to Chrome, now it again keeps asking for the 1P password....

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

And each time it asks it places another 1P icon in the system tray. This last time it removed all 1P icons from the taskbar as if the Windows version was removed as well.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for all this as I have no idea what I may have done to cause this.
    Since I could not get the OLD 4.7.5.90 version to function, I am forced to use the 1P X version, of which I am not a fan (main reasons are the need to login constantly and unable to use CTRL + \ to fill the web site login).

Hope you can unravel this mess so I can get back to the OLD version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

Can you try removing the 1Password X browser extension from your browser, and installing the classic extension from here?

Get the 1Password classic extension

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that appears to work. I see that the classic version is only available, at least for Chrome browser, from your web site and not the Chrome addons (which only contains the 1PX version and does not actually say anything about it being the renamed 1PX). VERY confusing!

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Well I guess I spoke too soon. It worked as indicated above and then I left the browser and opened a web site, did a CTRL+\ and nothing returned... clicked on the browser 1P icon and it asked for password, entered password and it asked again..... now the Windows 1P icon in the lower system taskbar has disappeared.... the browser only contains the the extension downloaded from your web site.

Very strange indeed....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

Did you by chance uninstall the 1Password desktop app along the way? From what you wrote, it sounds like this is what happened. Do you see 1Password 7 in your list of installed applications on your PC? If you do, are you able to launch it by clicking on it?

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

I do not believe I did an uninstall... 1Password is listed as installed, not 1Password 7

I did click on it from the Start menu and it came back to life on the task bar and it appears to work just fine.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

I have completed testing everything and it appears to be working. I know I said that once before and am sure I did not uninstall anything other than the Chrome browser 1P extensions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

Perfect, it's great to hear that things are working as expected once again. It sounded like you completely quit the 1Password app if it was still installed but not showing up in the task bar :+1:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry to say this problem has returned immediately after awakening computer from overnight siesta. NOTHING was uninstalled either purposefully or accidentally.

Clicked on Chrome 1P, asked to login, did so (which is all normal)... attempted to do ctrl+\ to login to web site and was asked for a login again. Did so again, Windows 1P disappeared from the system tray. Went into start menu, clicked on 1P and it loaded again. uninstalled Chrome 1P and installed from the link you supplied earlier.

Same problem sequence....

Finally had to install the NEW Chrome 1P and will have to learn to live with its inadequacies

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member
    Options

Will do, but am kind of getting used to having to login every time the Chrome browser is closed and a little tired of having to insist that I did NOT accidentally/purposefully uninstall the Windows 1P, etc, etc.

BTW, I am not having the issue on my other computer, running Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allawrence:

Understood. Once we see how you configured the app on this computer (the diagnostics report can help us with that), we can also give you some more suggestions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.