What is the equivalent to Windows CTRL-\

Options
Dud
Dud
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been using 1Password for Windows for some time, now using the Mac version more and I can't find an equivalent to the CTRL-\ option that Windows has to enter a username and password in a browser window? I assume there is one.
I'm using Firefox as my Browser.
Thanks
D

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is the equivalent to Windows CTRL-\

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@Dud

Generally it's always Command on a Mac instead of Control. Here are some other keyboard shortcuts you may find useful.

1Password keyboard shortcuts

• Dud
    Dud
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. The Command-Option-\ displays the 1password mini, where I search for the item and can then copy the username and password individually.
    In Windows if you have the cursor in the username field and press CTRL-\ it will populate the username and password fields. Can you do something like this for Mac?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@Dud

If you're using the classic extension or the Safari extension it will work that way using command - \ 1Password in the browser and the Safari inline menu can show you suggestions inline.

Get to know 1Password in your browser

• Dud
    Dud
    Community Member
    Options

I don't get the 1password symbol in the login boxes of websites.
    My firefox plugin is 1.23.1
    How do I know if its the classic extension or not?
    What do I need to add to firefox to get it to work?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dud:

You have the latest version of 1Password in the browser, you are not using the classic extension. This new extension does not work with the keyboard shortcut however, so if you would like that feature, please make sure you download the classic extension:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• Dud
    Dud
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,
    so I now have version 4.7.5.90 installed.
    What is the keyboard shortcut I can use, as I don't see it in the earlier list of 1Password keyboard shortcuts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

@Dud:

Cmd + \ is the default, unless you changed it in your 1Password for Mac Preferences > General tab :+1:

This discussion has been closed.