Accessibility keeps getting turned off

doncaruana
doncaruana
Community Member

Have it set up, see the little helper icon in the corner. I go somewhere to use, the helper icon does nothing. Check my settings and accessibility is turned off again. This is because it doesn't even show up in a simple app like Taco Bell. How is this supposed to work?

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @doncaruana, nice to hear from you again :)

It sounds like you have the Accessibility shortcut enabled, but not Accessibility itself. Can you confirm you've enabled Accessibility for 1Password from within your Android device's settings?

• doncaruana
    doncaruana
    Community Member

Yes, I had both enabled. Exit out of the settings, go try something, then when I come back to the settings, only the shortcut is enabled.

• Hey @doncaruana, thanks for following up.

To improve battery life, many Android device manufacturers have built-in optimization software that aggressively terminates processes, which can include the 1Password Accessibility service. Which Android device do you use?

• doncaruana
    doncaruana
    Community Member

Doesn't happen with lastpass or bitwarden. And it gets turned off immediately. I have a samsung galaxy s10.

• Hey @doncaruana, can you check the following places to see if you have battery optimization turned on for 1Password:

• Settings app > Device care > Battery
    • Settings app > Applications > ⋮ > Special Access > Optimize battery usage

If battery optimization is turned on for 1Password, turn it off, then see if Accessibility continues to turn off on its own.

This discussion has been closed.