Chrome Extension breaks coding standards - Extension window appearing spanned across two screens

Hi
Its an irritation really, but your chrome extension implementation seems to break the chrome extension coding standards. let me explain:
I have a laptop, plugged into a multiscreen dock. My Main monitor is to the left, the laptop to the right. I use the main monitor for all chrome work.
When I click on the extension, the resulting popup window spans across both monitors, in supersized font. I find this really irritating, as I cant actually read most of the content and have to actually resize the chrome session smaller, to allow everything to fit onto one screen.

Can you please look into this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @fredu123

I'm not very familiar with this issue. Out of curiosity if you open System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement and move your menu bar to the left monitor does that help the situation?

• fredu123
    fredu123
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

Hi Tommy.
    Problem is, if I drag the laptop to the left, it alters the usability of the setup. I can't really do that, unfortunately.
    Did you mean to drag the laptop over to the left? -edit- my main monitor is configured as the one on the left-hand side.
    Its odd, no other extension does this, and they all render the popup cleanly within the bounds of the monitor (or Chrome session). 1Password is the only one that spans outside this bound

-edit2- Hmm, in fairness, just fiddling about, and chrome itself actually does this too. 'Three dots' options panel pops up on the second monitor as well, so perhaps its a chrome weirdness.. . :-)

• Ah, gotcha. I have my menu bar on the center screen too. ;) It was more of a curiosity than anything. I'll let someone from the extensions team chime in. Perhaps they know some detail I do not.

This discussion has been closed.