American Airlines aa.com login - 1PW won't insert "Last Name" - any fix?

Options

The American Airlines (aa.com) login page requires 3 entries:

"AAdvantage # or User Name",
Last Name"
"Password"

to log in. No matter what I try, 1PW inserts my AAdvantage number in BOTH the User Name field (correct) AND the Last Name (incorrect!) field. I always have to type in my last name manually.

I have inspected the html (in Chrome for Windows) on aa.com and added 1PW fields "lastName" and "loginForm.lastName" with my last name as the data, but it doesn't help. I don't see any difference in the code for the Last Name field from the other two.

I notice that when I click in the entry fields, a 1PW icon is visible in the User Name and PW fields, but not in the Last Name field. If I delete the filled-in entry and type my last name, there is no option to Update Saved Login. If I do that, and then make a change in my User Name and change it back, I can "Update Saved Login", but it still does not remember the last name.

This happens in Chrome for Windows and Safari for MacOS - all platforms. 1PW 7, Win 10x64, MacOS 11.2, IOS

Anyone know a way around aa.com's apparent bad coding?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• keinanesq
    keinanesq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @josephwit,

The trick, at least for aa.com, is to create a custom field called "last name" and fill out your last name there. Ensure you have your username (or AAdvantage #) in the 'username' field and your password, then 1Password should input all three automatically. That's how I got the site to work perfectly.

Here's a screenshot of mine (with everything removed). Hope that helps.

• Hello @josephwit,

I tested 1Password on your website, and it can save and fill without issues for me. Could you please try the steps here to create a new login manually for your site on a computer and let me how it works?

1. Go to your website > Enter all three fields > Right-click on the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar > Select "Save Login" > Click on "Update saved login" > Select "Save login" > Save.

2. Refresh the page and try filling in using the new item.

If the new login item works, you can move the old item to the trash.

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm OK. I just trashed the old login, went to aa.com, entered my info and saved a new 1PW login - and seems to work. Guess I should have tried that first. Hope it lasts! Thanks for replys.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @josephwit, that's good to hear :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

And thank you also to keinanesq for the assist here!

• josephwit
    josephwit
    Community Member
    Options

Follow-up - the updated aa.com 1Password logon still fills in all 3 fields correctly on my Win 10 PC, but on aa.com in Safari, and the American Airlines app on iOS 14.4 (iPhone), it fails to fill in the "Last Name" field at all...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @josephwit ,

I saved a new login for AA's website on my Windows 10 PC with Chrome (with the 1Password extension version 1.23.1) and that login does work on my Mac's Safari as well. The login item contains a custom field called Last name (case sensitive). Can you please make sure you have the same extension version as I do and try saving a new login, see if it saves the same custom field as mine? If it does, test it on your Safari and check if it autofills all three fields.

iOS is a different beast and autofill works quite differently there. If it doesn't work on their iOS app, I'll forward you to our iOS team.

This discussion has been closed.