Rich Icon creation/inclusion criteria?

Options

Could you please tell me how you determine when a rich icon for a given site is worth the resources required to include it in 1Password? I have a site that I (and my family members) use constantly that does not currently have a rich icon. I'm hesitant to waste anyone's time or to increase the maintenance load of 1Password with a request for inclusion of a rich icon with such a small user base. Thanks in advance for any explanation or guidance you can provide.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @williakz ,

We have a database for rich icons that we use and expand constantly. If you wish to add a rich icon for a specific website, feel free to send me its link (and a rich icon if you have one ready) and I'll file it so it would be added in the next batch update :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_yaron. The next issue is where to snag the rich icon. The outfit has a dandy icon for its iOS app, but the one I see on the website looks a bit lame and has the wrong background color. If anyone can point me in the right direction to grab the app icon, I'll be happy to do so and attach it to an email to you.

• Hello @williakz,

Please send us the link to your website and a screenshot of the icon you want to see. We will find a way to get a rich icon for you.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen, the icon screenshot is contained in an email I sent earlier today to 1Password Support (titled "Request for Rich Icon inclusion"). I was waiting for a BitBot code to post so that you could go right to the email, but I never received one.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've located your email @williakz .
    Your ticket's code is #GXN-37312-838.

Since it is an app's icon, it was set to our iOS team. Someone should reply within the next 48 hours :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, guys. I'll post back with details on what eventually happens with this request (#GXN-37312-838).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No need to update us here, but you can if you'd like to :chuffed: :+1:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thanks @ag_yaron. It's my background—every story should have a beginning, middle, and end. It can also be beneficial for other 1Password users to see how (or if) a process works.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a great attitude! :+1:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I received notification that my Rich Icon submission was accepted and is in process. By the way, there was no good .png candidate on the main site, so I supplied my own image from the organization's iOS app.

How do I "convert" my existing low-res ("poor") icons to rich ones? Will it occur without user intervention or must I modify our family logins somehow? Also when and how will I know the Rich Icon is actually available for use? Will I receive notification or is there a simple check I can perform on my own? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hey @williakz ,

These are some tough questions :blush:
    I believe the icon should change on its own, unless it is a custom icon that you've uploaded into that login item.
    The quickest check would be to create a new login item on that website/app and see if it has the new icon yet.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron,

Just a quick note to say the rich icon I requested suddenly appeared and it looks GREAT! Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks as well to @Nhat_Nguyen, @brenty, and Conor (don't know his @ moniker).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear it @williakz :)

This discussion has been closed.