Require Master Password Reprompt (from LastPass)

I'm coming from LastPass and I'm testing 1Password. In LastPass, you can protect specific passwords/notes... by requiring that the master password be typed again for accessing these resources. This is a double security that gave me some additional peace of mind for extremely sensible accounts: even if someone had access to my computer with Lastpass unlocked, this person couldn't enter my most sensitive accounts. (could be my kids or a badly intentioned coworker if I'm not locking my session temporarily)

Is there anything similar for 1password aside from setting a very short auto-disconnect on inactivity?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ask password again

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lourson17!

1Password does not have such a feature, but I have passed your feedback to the developers for future consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#230

• nrharrison
    nrharrison
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

There may be a substantial proportion of users who would enjoy a password reprompt feature (or, similar, but smartly designed feature to deter opportunistic snoops with physical access to devices).

LastPass is forcing users to pay for premium soon, and that's driven me to finally consider switching to 1Password. However, I've just read the thread from 2019 by tltltetd about 1Password's lack of a password reprompt feature and I've got to say, for as buggy as LastPass has been on Mac over the past couple of years (as was stated, and I definitely agree), I'm now hesitant about switching to 1Password for its lack of a password reprompt feature.

A password reprompt feature ought not to be debated on such a philosophical level. The potential harm the 1Password team imagines is ridiculous to the casual user. What is the realistic benefit-risk balance here?

And is there additional subscription revenue 1Password leaves on the table without offering password reprompts (or a better solution your developers can devise)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well @nrharrison! To be upfront with you, we don't have plans to add this at the moment, but I have let our developers know that you would also like to see this :+1:

• JohnWick
    JohnWick
    Community Member

FWIW, I'd also like to see this implemented. Feels like a bit of a pointless comment, particularly as I've also read the 2019 thread by tltltetd, but I can't see any way to just vote for this feature.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Noted @JohnWick, thank you :+1:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

+1 for "password reprompt"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana