Search box failure

Options
andrijapusic
andrijapusic
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

If I open 1Password Mini and do the search there, the item is found and shown with other results. If I search the same item from the search box (top margin widget), the item is not found - missing from the results. I am searching for the title, no fancy conditions, both searches are identical, both set for "all fields". Everything else works, everything synced, no problems ever until now. Tried this and that, looks like a ganuine bug. Faulty search makes the whole thing unacceptable. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@andrijapusic

1Password 6 has been retired and hasn't received updates in several years. As a security-focused company, we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use an earlier version, that is your choice, but it isn't something we can recommend. As things continue to evolve around the now-retired v6, it will be less and less practical to continue using it. For example, 1Password 6 is not compatible with modern versions of Safari.

I would recommend updating to 1Password 7 and looking into one of our membership offerings which allows you always to have the latest and greatest versions of 1Password.

• andrijapusic
    andrijapusic
    Community Member
    Options

I'd do it but V7 cannot be purchased. And I prefer not be locked into subscription for something as private as passwords. Now I realize you are shutting off your pre-RMR customers who helped building your business. Even when benefits of cloud management are not so obvious in comparison to other cloud software. Other compaines are offering at least some concessions, such as grace periods and substantial discounts. Have I missed anything?

• Licenses are available for purchase within the 1Password 7 app. They are no longer advertised on the site. If you're looking for a promotion or discount, you can always reach out to the sales staff and see if you qualify for any promotions. support@1password.com Hopefully they can find something that works for you.

• andrijapusic
    andrijapusic
    Community Member
    Options

Well, thanks, that is nice to hear. I will check it out!

• :+1: :chuffed:

• andrijapusic
    andrijapusic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again,

Went for the upgrade, now I am running latest version (7) on Mac, individual subscription. Guess what, now I have the exactly same problem, just a bit different behaviour. When I search the widget I get 1 result, when should be others. I assume all items are searched as there is no setting for "major fields". The missing items are some with matching title and some with matching other fields. There is nothing fancy in the search string or the results, just plain text.

When I search the app, for "all fields", I get 8 results which, I guess (!), is correct. When I search for "major fields" I get 2 results, also looks correct. iOS app also seems to work correctly.

So here we are, widget search is still unreliable, which is rather unsettling. Any ideas?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@andrijapusic

Great, you're up to date. Sad face, you're experiencing trouble. Can you perhaps post a screenshot of what you're seeing? I don't want to assume you're in one location and you're talking about a different one.

Please, do not attach screenshots containing sensitive information.

• andrijapusic
    andrijapusic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy, thanks, maybe I have solved it. I found another post about "show in browser" parameter and indeed, I found one offender set to NO. I don't remeber ever seeing let alone touching this parameter but anyway, after setting it to YES, it shows in results.

All other offenders have search string elsewhere, not in the title. So I assume that with V7 you have removed "search all fields" option from the widget and now it works only on "major fields". That would explain them not showing. Am I right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andrijapusic:

Indeed, 1Password mini (which is what I think you are referring to when you say "widget"), has a limited set of search capabilities. All the search options are available in the desktop app, but I have passed your feedback to the developers for future consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#332

• andrijapusic
    andrijapusic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ana. A bit of irony here because the upgrade was not needed, actually it only brought another issue. Anyway, case solved, your help appreciated, all good!

BTW, I'd prefer another username here on support pages, how can I change it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andrijapusic:

I can change the username for you :+1: I will reach out to you with a direct message in a moment.

This discussion has been closed.