How to add attachments to secure notes

Options
Kabir
Kabir
Community Member

I recently created an account in 1Password and imported all my data from LastPass. However, the attachments did not get imported (and a support page says as much: “form fills and documents will not be imported”).

So, I tried adding adding the attachments (image files) manually but without success.
I tried edit > add new file > photo from camera roll and then tried to select the appropriate image but nothing happened.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kabir! Welcome to the forum!

Note that we don't use attachments anymore, but we use separate Document items instead:

Save important files in 1Password

So anything you upload to 1Password won't be shown directly in the Secure Note, but you will find it in the Documents category as its own file. You can then link the Secure Note to these files if you want to keep the connection however:

Link related items in 1Password

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the welcome @ag_ana.

I am using the 1Password iOS app. I have tried adding an image from the camera roll, as described in the linked page (Categories > + > Documents and select a file) but when I tap on an image, nothing happens.

With videos, I am able to select a video but nothing happens when I tap on Choose.

However, I am able to add PDFs and images from the Files app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kabir:

Does 1Password have permissions to access your photos? If you are able to add items from the Files app, but not from the Photos app, I wonder if you perhaps did not allow 1Password to access images and videos.

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member
    Options

You’re right! 1Password had access to selected photos. All good now, thanks.

I’ve managed to link a secure note to a document but I can’t find a way of linking the document to the secure note or the secure note to a login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kabir:

You’re right! 1Password had access to selected photos. All good now, thanks.

You are very welcome :)

I’ve managed to link a secure note to a document but I can’t find a way of linking the document to the secure note or the secure note to a login.

I believe this is only possible in the desktop apps, 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows: in 1Password for iOS you can indeed only link new documents to an existing item at the moment.

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.