Feature Request: In App/Browser Text Editor for Documents

Options
mferrall
mferrall
Community Member

It'd be nice to be able to create a simple markdown document in the application as a 'document'. There are some things that are more complex than a note, like instructions to family in case of death, that I'd like to able to edit securely. Some simple markdown based editor would be nice for this, or even just a txt doc. I don't really like the idea of having multiple copies of that floating around on local machines in the case that I need to download, edit, then reupload the document, this type of feature could solve that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mferrall!

Can you please elaborate on this a bit? Markdown support is already there for secure notes, as you correctly said, so what would you like to have exactly? A markdown file is a text file, so wouldn't it be the same no matter whether it is a secure note or a document item?

There are some things that are more complex than a note, like instructions to family in case of death, that I'd like to able to edit securely.

Secure Notes are made exactly for this: they can be as complex as you wish, there is no limitation. But perhaps I am misunderstanding your request, so it would be great if you could clarify :+1:

• mferrall
    mferrall
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I actually didn't realize there was markdown support in the app, I'm on Windows, but I tried it out on chrome extension and I see what you mean. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. It would be nice to have similar functionality on the Windows app.

I still think it'd be nice to have some type of similar functionality for 'Documents', where if the file is a .txt or .md you could edit it within the app. Alternatively, just trying out the markdown in the notes feature, it'd be nice to have the ability to print those out or download them as a pdf. Markdown works well for me, but not for the people who would be reviewing the docs in the case that something happens. I know they'd just want to download and print the doc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mferrall:

Ah, I actually didn't realize there was markdown support in the app, I'm on Windows, but I tried it out on chrome extension and I see what you mean. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. It would be nice to have similar functionality on the Windows app.

Agreed, our developers are aware of this request, so it should come some time in the future :)

And thank you also for the feedback about printing. This is currently doable in the Mac app, so I can see how it could be useful to do this in the browser extension too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.