Major issues with Chrome integration

Options
CarlV
CarlV
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Several issues with the latest update (7.7) as it relates to Google Chrome. This applies to both computers I've tried this on, one running Mojave and the other Big Sur.

1. Although I have gone through the process of re-installing/updating the Chrome extension, the main menubar icon continues to tell me I need to install the Chrome extension (see screenshot). I suppose you intend Chrome to ONLY use the extension rather than the menubar, which would be fine EXCEPT...

2. The keyboard shortcut to invoke 1Password and autofill (CMD-) does not invoke the Chrome extension. It invokes the menubar icon, which just tells me I need to install the Chrome extension, which I have already done.

3. The Chrome extension, as far as I can tell, doesn't honor or support the system "Dark Mode" setting. I realize that most websites don't either, but I am accustomed to Dark Mode in 1Password, so having the Chrome extension look so different is jarring.

4. When you click to "edit" a password in the Chrome extension, it OPENS A NEW TAB IN CHROME??!!! A full-size tab which apes the desktop app interface (except for dark mode). This is really awful compared with the old method of the little menubar dropdown just floating while you make a quick edit. (I now realize that what's happening that it is opening my.1password.com instead of the native app. Terrible.)

This is a real downgrade experience over the previous version. Is there any way to get the behavior back to what it was?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.