Hide Auto Suggestions

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Is there a way that I can tell 1P to not to suggest any login passwords for specific sites?

Specifically on Mac for Safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit

The only way to do that would be to make sure the URL for the website in question does not appear on any items. For example, if you don't want any suggestions while on this site (https://1password.community), then you would need to make sure that none of you items have a website field on them that contains 1password.community. I'm not aware of another method off-hand. Would you mind elaborating on the use case here? Perhaps there is something I'm not thinking of, where better understanding what you're trying to accomplish might help. Thanks.

Ben

• mkwerle
    mkwerle
    Community Member
    Options

This is driving me nuts. I want to use 1Password to log into an internal site at work, but once logged in, don't want it's "help." I can stay logged into this site all day.

The Suggestions completely break the UI of the internal app! Granted, the UI isn't great, but I have to use autocomplete to fill out the most important field on the most important form. The Suggestions pop-over completely hides this.

Worse, I have to unlock 1Password just to hid them!

Please at least make a close button or hotkey that can get rid of the suggestions. Or, better yet, allow us to mute the suggestions entirely. I'm just find hitting my hot key to log in. I don't need 1Password breaking the UIs of applications in a misguided attempt to help.

I've been a 1Password user for over a decade, and I'm about to just uninstall the extension entirely because of this.

• mkwerle
    mkwerle
    Community Member
    Options

screenshot

Ok -- after I wrote that, I realized that I never tried to turn them off completely. That screenshot shows how to do so. It's a vast improvement.

• Ben
    Options

@mkwerle

I'm glad to hear that turning off the inline menu helped for your situation. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.