Issue with updating passwords?

ItsAdventureTime
ItsAdventureTime
Community Member

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted here, which makes me more excited to share my observation with all of you.

I noticed that when I'm in that state or moment that motivates me to my login credentials from different websites, after entering the old password, I "manually generate the password" using 1Password, either the desktop client or the extension for the browser. Another issue is because random 16-character passwords aren't displayed as really "secured" by 1Password. It made me believe that strong password ranges from at least 20-character ones and more with symbols, letters, and numbers. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong about it.

Going back, I noticed that the existing login credentials from 1Password are not updated, and the generated passwords are just in the "Passwords" category, that is, after "manually generating passwords" and not using the "suggested passwords" feature.

Although something is changed, when I was still updating some of my login credentials, after generating a password, it asks me to update the password from 1Password instead of updating it after the password in the actual website has been updated.

Moving forward, any thoughts about what I have been experiencing?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ItsAdventureTime!

Although something is changed, when I was still updating some of my login credentials, after generating a password, it asks me to update the password from 1Password instead of updating it after the password in the actual website has been updated.

I think you switched to the latest browser extension, which works a bit differently than what you might be used to. If you would like the old behavior back, you can download the classic extension, which will prompt you to update your Logins in the browser :)

Get the 1Password classic extension

This discussion has been closed.