Form filling with 1 Password in Chrome

Options
johnroperlindsay
johnroperlindsay
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

In the past, when I filled in a form in Chrome, Chrome would pop-up a list of previous entries I'd made for each field, even if 1Password was enabled and unlocked. i.e. I used Chrome for Autofill, but 1Password for Usercode/Password entry. But now I have to disable 1Password extension for any Chrome Autofill functionality to occur, and I can't find settings in Chrome or 1Password extension to let me use the functionality of 1Password for entering usercodes/passwords, but Chrome for form-filling of fields, addresses, etc. Under Chrome Autofill Settings, it says that it is now being managed by 1Password, and disabling this disables all of 1Password, which is not what I want.
I am unsure if this is due to a change in Chrome, 1Password or an option in either that I've inadvertently set, so would appreciate any suggestions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 19042.804
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnroperlindsay!

Under Chrome Autofill Settings, it says that it is now being managed by 1Password, and disabling this disables all of 1Password, which is not what I want.

This is the setting you are looking for. Disabling it does not disable 1Password completely, it just allows you to use Chrome for certain autofill sections if you prefer :+1:

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana .
    Thanks very much for your reply. What you describe is exactly what I expected. Unfortunately, when I go to Chrome|Settings|Autofill|Addresses and select "Disable" alongside "1Password Manager is managing this setting", the 1Password icon disappears immediately from Chrome, and More Tools|Extensions shows 1Password as now disabled. Chrome version is 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnroperlindsay:

Can you try disabling the setting from 1Password itself, rather than from Chrome?

Disabling it from Chrome seems to disable the extension altogether, but you need to keep the extension enabled, just make it stop being the default ;)

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member
    Options

Great work @ag_ana - that worked fine! So now I have the ability for Chrome to autofill non-password fields on my forms, but still have 1Password available for passwords, etc.
    The text "Make 1Password the default password manager" does not really tie in with that behaviour! But it all works, so I'm happy.

Thanks very much for your suggestion and solution - sorry for the delay in replying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries at all for the delay, and I am glad I could help @johnroperlindsay! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.