Couple item list sort control issues

skatch
skatch
Community Member

I just updated to 1Password 7.8, and noticed that the item list sort control is has a couple issues.

• On Big Sur, the text is almost always truncated when sorting by title, no matter how wide the text label is compared to the surrounding space. For example:

and:

• On Mojave & Big Sur, the text isn't vertically centered. This screenshot is from Mojave, where it's more obvious on, but it's still misaligned on Big Sur

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skatch!

I do see the misalignment you are referring to, but I cannot reproduce the issue with the truncated text. Even if I make the column as thin as possible, I still see the whole text here:

Do you see the same thing even after locking and unlocking your 1Password app?

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana , yup the issues persists even after locking and unlocking. Try sorting by title instead of date created — that seems to be where the truncation most commonly occurs for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@skatch:

I tried sorting by Title, and it still looks good for me:

I wonder if something got stuck in 1Password. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same thing now?

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

I just quit 1Password completely and relaunched it and I'm still seeing the same thing.

I'm exploring a bit more, and I notice that the issue appears/disappears depending on what vault & category I'm looking at. For example, here's what happens when I click through a few different categories in one of my vaults:

And in case it's helpful, here's what happens if I try to resize the item list when the text is truncated — the truncation remains no matter how wide I make it:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

@skatch:

I think I was able to reproduce this. I will let our developers know so they can take a look :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#5115

This discussion has been closed.