Blank modal panel after adding new login in Mobile Safari

battis
battis
Community Member

I’ve been having a weird and frustrating problem, that I can consistently replicate:

1. Create a new login in 1Password via the mobile safari share pane (opens 1Password as a modal pane over Safari).
  2. Save, which auto-closes 1Password pane and auto fills form in browser (good!), albeit often only 1 of 2 password fields for password verification ;not so good).
  3. Reopen 1Password from the mobile Safari share pane (for example, to copy the generated password for second password verification field… or 5 minutes later to fill a password on another site)
  4. 1Password modal pane accepts password/Face ID… and then goes completely blank, all white. Cannot be closed (that I’ve found — swiping, tapping around edges, randomly all over looking for buttons).
  5. Force quit mobile Safari, everything returns to normal.

Thoughts? (I’ve been resisting reinstalling 1Password, mostly because I’m suspicious that mobile Safari, which is flaky like a fine croissant, may be just as, if not more, implicated… and reauthenticating will require a second device)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @battis!

Create a new login in 1Password via the mobile safari share pane (opens 1Password as a modal pane over Safari).

Out of curiosity, do you see the same behavior if you use password autofill instead of the share sheet extension?

• battis
    battis
    Community Member

So… interesting stuff here.

• I started the create a new login from the auto fill, rather than the share sheet. It went fine: I could open 1Password from both the auto fill and the share sheet after.
    • I started the create a new login from the share sheet, and got the same results from before, but with some added detail. Afterwards, I could still get in (and out) of 1Password through the auto fill, but going through the share sheet brought up the 1P Lock Screen, which unlocked to reveal the white blankness.
    • I switched apps and came back to Safari, and I was dropped back into the 1P Lock Screen which unlocked to reveal the whiteness again.
    • All of this was using Face ID and I noticed that leaving Safari with the blank whiteness of the 1P modal up also triggered Face ID (the check box tile from the OS appeared). So Face ID in the way in and on the way out.
    • Force quitting Safari brought me back to normal again.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@battis:

Thank you for the additional information. We will keep an eye out in case we find something more about this. In the meantime, I am glad to hear that password autofill is working smoothly :)

This discussion has been closed.