Extension Credit Card Icons MIA

Options

Hi Folks,

Recent convert from LastPass, and 1Password is really cool. Particularly appreciate how it handles rich icons for sites and gives one the ability to change them in the app [suggestion: should bring that functionality to the web as well]. The rich icon (by type) for credit/debit cards is immensely useful as it allows for an at-a-glance check to ensure you're entering the right card details.

However, there seems to be a bit of a bug in the presenting of those icons in the browser extensions (both Chrome and the new Edge). [Note: This is the new extensions; not the classic one integrated into the Windows/Mac apps]. For some reason, all the icons, except three, are not displaying in the browser extensions (see below). The icons display perfectly fine in the Windows app, so it's clear the 'Type' isn't the issue (as well as it displays the correct icon for three of them) [see below]. Because both extensions in difference browsers exhibit the same peculiar
behavior, I'm thinking it may be a bug.

Not the biggest issue, but does anyone have any thoughts? Could it be a cache issue that might be solved by reinstalling the extensions?

Here's the Extension

Here's the Windows App

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @keinanesq , Welcome to 1Password! :)

Firstly, you can edit the icons of items (and credit cards) in the web app as well. Simply enter edit mode, then click the icon of the item and a file upload window will show up, in which you can select your own icon from your computer.

As for the issue itself, our extension needs to have the card's type in the title of the credit card to determine which type it is. For example: "Personal Visa" instead of "Personal credit card".

We have an open issue for it so we can improve it in the future, I'll add your report to the log. Thanks for bringing it up.

ref: dev/core/core#937

• keinanesq
    keinanesq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron,

Thanks so much for the reply. Appreciate highlighting that you can change the icons on the web (my mistake). And that note about having the type in the name is totally accurate! Since it's on the radar, I'm sure it'll get worked out at some time. Thanks.

As a quick note: cards on the web (1password.com) seem to _only _have the default card icon. Across no cards (regardless of the name or type), does it display the correct type icon (in neither review nor edit mode). But this is even less of an issue b/c one only really sees this when editing, so not big deal at all.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

Shame that the extension requiring the card in the name isn't really documented anywhere, because it does make my card list a little bit less clean by requiring "Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa" instead of just "Chase Sapphire Preferred".

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help @keinanesq :+1:

@plttn It wasn't exactly a design choice, which is why I believe it will be fixed in the future. It's just a bit of a low priority at the moment so it might take some time.

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron Any chance there's been any movement on this now that the extension formerly known as 1Password X is definitely the way to go now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@plttn:

I have checked the status of the issue and I see that it is still open, but definitely still on the developer's radar :+1:

This discussion has been closed.