Login does not work for specific website (IUnisys)

I have a login registered for the Unisys website (https://leplb0640.upoint.alight.com/web/unisys/login?forkPage=false#/) Also a userid and pw. When web site is opened, only the userid is entered (but not legible) and the pw is never entered. When i manually enter the pw, the neither entry (both not legibly displayed) are acceptable. Manual entry of both userid and pw log in just fine.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    edited March 2021

Hi @hjhermans 👋

After testing out AutoFilling within the website you provided, I wasn't able to reproduce the same issues you mentioned you're seeing.

Could I ask which 1Password Extension you're running in your browser? Our Knowledgebase linked below will help you find your 1Password extension version information.

https://support.1password.com/cs/version/#find-the-1password-version-number-in-your-browser

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

extension version 7.6.793

• @hjhermans

7.6.793 is the latest version of the 1Password for Windows desktop app, but it's not going to work for you there in your browser, so that likely explains part of the reason you're running into issues here.

Let's go ahead and get 1Password in your browser installed and setup using the link I've provided below. That should help us get things heading in the right direction. 😊

Get to know 1Password in your browser

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Installed 1pw in browser. Looks like version 1.23.1. It does the same thing. Also, the icon now does not show on the top line anymore, i have to to the an icon which displays several extensions and choose 1pw.

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Figured out how to display icon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hjhermans:

Can you try creating a new Login item for this website as a test, and see if the new one works?

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Hi; Added new login using same parameters. Worked fine. Only problem now is that i don't like the extension version that Blake asked me to put in because it no longer directly navigates to the website. It only puts in the uid & pw and then expects me to use the login button. Why this regression?

• Blake
    edited March 2021

@hjhermans

We're actually moving away from the auto-submit feature, since it is unsafe to send keyboard presses on behalf of the user (as it basically sends the Enter key after autofilling), which is why it is not available in recent versions. Security is our top priority and we're always changing and evolving around it.

You can hit Enter manually after autofilling, which will log you in to the website just like auto-submit did.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

Security is our top priority and we're always changing and evolving around it.

That's fine so far. But why not let the customer choose if he / she / it wants to have more security or not? By default, the auto-submit feature should be disabled and when I want to enable it with all the risks I have then I should do this on my own. I think this would be the best and preferred setting for all of us. ;)

Actually I'm using the classic extension and love the way auto-submit works and would love to use this feature in the "new" 1Password in the browser extension as well. :+1:

• @DenalB

This is a decision we've decided to make across-the-board, if only because the pure fact that allowing 1Password to send keyboard presses on behalf of the user (whether it's a user-definable permission or not) is just an outright bad idea from a security perspective -- but some operating systems, like macOS have actually been recently updated to prevent this functionality at all, due to security concerns about allowing applications to send inputs on behalf of the user.

We really do appreciate the feedback given here, but this is something we have no plans to implement in future iterations of 1Password moving forward.

This discussion has been closed.