Can Family plan and Business plan coexist?

Options
wataruo
wataruo
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on my employers Business plan. I'm thinking of purchasing Family plan this month. I'm wondering couple things:

• Do they conflict? Can I switch them?
  • Can I share data that I've stored in the current account with the family plan account?

I'd like to know if this is an expected case.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@wataruo

You may be able to take advantage of this offer below. I'd recommend checking with your employer.

Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

Yep, you can have have both simultaneously. You can move your personal data into you family account making sure it remains your personal data.

• wataruo
    wataruo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Awesome! I've been a big fun of 1Password - been using it since pre-subscription time. I'll communicate with my employer. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @wataruo! And thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• wataruo
    wataruo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_tommy @ag_ana . My employer thinks the link you shared is available. However, I don't see the option described in the step 3:

In the Free 1Password Families Membership section, click Redeem Now.

Do I, or my employer need to do anything for enabling this?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@wataruo

You'll need to visit the page while signed in to your work account. Then the option should present itself.

Sign in to your business account.
    Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
    In the Free 1Password Families Membership section, click Redeem Now.

If that's a no-go, it would be wise to check with my colleagues on the email support team. That will allow us to take a deeper look at the configuration outside of this public space. Please use support@1Password.com if needed.

• wataruo
    wataruo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I'm logging in to my work account. I don't see the "Free 1Password Families Membership" section. Let me email. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @wataruo! Have you received a ticket number already?

• wataruo
    wataruo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Yes, your support team responded quickly! It ended up it that my employer is not actually eligible, we're on the Team plan. I'm happy to buy the Family plan. Appreciate your help @ag_ana and your support team!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see @wataruo, thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.