Command+backslash autofill / suggestions not working for 7.8 in Catalina + Chrome

Options
davidrupp
davidrupp
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524)
Chrome 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (x86_64)
1Password 7.8 (70800001)

When I use command+backslash on any website, suggestions come up empty with "no suggestions found for googlechrome". When I search for the relevant name, I get a "Go" option (which opens a new tab that has the same problem), but no "autofill" option.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidrupp! Welcome to the forum!

Did this start happening after the update to 1Password for Mac version 7.8 perhaps? Or was it happening before too?

• davidrupp
    davidrupp
    Community Member
    Options

It was working normally until a few days ago, so I suspect the 7.8 upgrade, yes. I've removed the Chrome extension and re-installed the Classic extension, and it's behaving like I'm used to again. With the newest extension, I was able to get my username and password by clicking in the appropriate form field, clicking on the 1Password icon, and clicking on the appropriate suggestion (which was typically accurate). But that's three clicks in the new extension, where in the Classic extension it's zero clicks. I much prefer the zero click experience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @davidrupp, thank you for the update :+1:

• longwa
    longwa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue after the latest update to 7.8.

Using the hotkey just opens a suggestion for "googlechrome" and not the actual site that I'm browsing. Using the extension version 1.23.1 (installed via the 1Password menu link). Sounds like I'll be going back to the classic extension as well.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the information @longwa .

The new 1Password extension has some really great features, so when you feel like trying something new, make sure to take it for a proper spin: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy 1Password Classic :)

• longwa
    longwa
    Community Member
    Options

Can it not also have a feature to allow the hot key to work for people that have the client installed? I’ve been using that hot key for years and my brain is programmed for it. It’s more clicks to use the new extension and it seems to forget my master password all the time, forcing me to reenter it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're working on integrating it with the desktop app, @longwa .

I don't have an ETA on it, but when it is done, you'll be able to keep it unlocked and probably use the same keyboard shortcut. :)

This discussion has been closed.