No luck changing the keybindings

Options
tunix
tunix
Community Member

Hi,

I had to open a new thread since the original thread is closed. I've the snap package installed on my Ubuntu 20.10 workstation. The app doesn't allow me to change its keybindings so I had to find the JSON file and edit it. I think the file path is: $HOME/snap/1password/current/.config/1Password/settings/settings.json

I've edited the file like below:

{
  "$schema": "https://onepassword.s3.amazonaws.com/schema/settings.json",
  "ui.routes.lastUsedRoute": "{\"type\":\"ItemList\",\"content\":{\"unlockedRoute\":{\"collectionUuid\":\"OWHYY4XA2RF7JDTO3PDBAQ6NSU\"},\"itemListType\":{\"type\":\"AllItems\"},\"category\":null,\"sortBehavior\":null}}",
  "security.authenticatedUnlock.enabled": true,
  "privacy.checkHibp": true,
  "browsers.extension.enabled": true,
  "advanced.EnableDebuggingTools": false,
  "keybinds.open": "CmdOrCtrl+Shift+."
}

So I wanted to use Ctrl+Shift+. for showing/hiding 1Password but it doesn't seem to work. I use X11 btw.

1Password Version: 8.0.28
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tunix, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue! Let's see if we can get this running for you.

I tested this out myself on 20.10 with the shortcut CmdOrCtrl+Shift+. and was able to call 1Password to the front when it was running - I confirmed that my code was a character-for-character match to yours, so I believe your json is set up correctly.

Could you try changing the shortcut to something else temporarily, just to see if it's a problem with another app on your system grabbing the shortcut?

Did you install 1Password via Terminal, as well as the Snap store? If so, could you check for ~/.config/1Password/settings/settings.json, and add the keybind option there as well?

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dayton_ag ,

Sorry I don't get any notifications for replies (dunno why) -- I changed it to CmdOrCtrl+Alt+. but that didn't work either. I removed and reinstalled via deb package but unfortunetely it doesn't work. When I type Ctrl+Shift+. on the terminal, it prints ":" character. (I use Turkish layout) so I changed . to : just incase but that didn't work too. :)

I believe this is related to my keyboard layout. So any suggestions?

• Blake
    edited May 2021
    Options

@tunix

After trying to reproduce this one here on our end today, it definitely looks like there are some issues with keyboard shortcuts with keyboard layouts other than the standard U.S-based one.

We've filed this one away with our development team so that we can make sure we're getting to the bottom of this, and getting this fixed up. Thanks a bunch for helping us pin this down!

ref: https://gitlab.1password.io/dev/core/core/#4547

This discussion has been closed.