Why will 1PW not stay 'Quit'?

Options
Chevalier
Chevalier
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

I've only just noticed this happening but if I quit 1PW it will stay quit for a while then, when I glance down at the dock again, the app will have the 'black dot' application active marker next to to it. If I quit the app I want it to stay quit until I decide to open it myself, not because of of some activity it generates itself!

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chevalier!

This is what happens on my Mac: when I quit 1Password, the app remains quit until I open it again. For reference, I am also using version 7.8 on macOS 11.2.3.

• Chevalier
    Chevalier
    Community Member
    Options

errrr. OK. sadly for me that's not what happens?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chevalier:

If you reboot your Mac, and launch 1Password once again, then quit it, does it stay quit then?

• rudy
    Options

@Chevalier,

Then you'll want to uncheck the "Always keep 1Password Extension helper running" checkbox in Preferences -> Browsers. Keep in mind that turning off that checkbox will slow down any usage of the browser extension in Safari or the classic extension in Chrome/Firefox as it will need to completely launch the whole world (main app, extension helper) each time you quit 1Password.

• Chevalier
    Chevalier
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks. That did the trick, think I mistakenly left one of the boxes checked when I disabled helper / form filling.

• @Chevalier

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. So, on behalf of Rudy, I'll say you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.