Problem upgrading to 7

gkulik
gkulik
Community Member

I just upgraded from 6 to 7. My wife and I both had separate keychains saved to separate Dropbox accounts. I created an account and dowloaded 7. After setting mine up I invited my wife to our new family account. On my computer I have duplicates of all my passwords. One saved on my Mac and the other in the family vault. If I delete 1 of the duplicates, which is the safer of the 2? I assume the "on my computer" one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @gkulik

It sounds as if the Primary vault remains on your device. Step 3 should resolve that. I've included the typical steps to make sure no data is left behind.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• gkulik
    gkulik
    Community Member

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @gkulik! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.