Bug Report: Related Items

1pwbugthrowaway
1pwbugthrowaway
Community Member

I made a post about this a some months ago, but no one replied. Here is the previous thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117231/related-items-labels-gone-in-new-7-7

This is still an issue in 1PW version 7.8. I have to downgrade to 7.6 every time I want to label a related item so it show up the way I'd like.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: maxOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1PW Account

Comments

• Hi @1pwbugthrowaway

We're moving toward a more consistent experience across the various 1Password apps, and this change was part of that process. I'd be happy to pass along the feedback that you'd like to have the labels, though. Would you be willing to provide some context as to how they were helpful? Are the icon and title not sufficient in distinguishing from other related items?

Ben

• 1pwbugthrowaway
    1pwbugthrowaway
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your reply Ben.

The icon distinguishes what kind of item they are, but not how the items are actually related. For example, if I have credit card item linked to a login item because it's the form of payment used for a subscription with that login, then it's nice to be label it "form of payment info". Even though the labels have been removed from the macOS version, the iOS, 1PW X, and web versions still have the labels, but you cannot edit them. Thanks!

• For example, if I have credit card item linked to a login item because it's the form of payment used for a subscription with that login, then it's nice to be label it "form of payment info".

Gotcha! Thanks for sharing that use case. Are there other instances you can think of where you might link a credit card item to a login item?

Even though the labels have been removed from the macOS version, the iOS, 1PW X, and web versions still have the labels, but you cannot edit them.

Indeed. Consistency is a work in progress. :+1:

Ben

• 1pwbugthrowaway
    1pwbugthrowaway
    Community Member

Gotcha! Thanks for sharing that use case. Are there other instances you can think of where you might link a credit card item to a login item?

I think that is the main case when linking a credit card to a login. I'd also link a credit/debit card or bank account to the login for the bank that manages those cards/accounts and vice versa. I also associate documents with logins as well, such as a picture of an insurance card with the login for that insurance company. Same goes with linking a picture of a passport/driver license to their actual item.

Indeed. Consistency is a work in progress. :+1:

Totally agree. I appreciate the hard work you guys put into this software.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @1pwbugthrowaway :)

This discussion has been closed.