A couple of questions - master password, sharing in different locations.

digitaldave
digitaldave
Community Member

I currently have a 1Password account, but I'm thinking about upgrading to families so my parents can also use it. However, I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to.

1) My parents live in a different city to me, is that sort of setup allowed with a families account?

2) Would my parents use the same master password that I use, or does each individual have their own master password?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@digitaldave There are no geographical limits on families. Your parents would need their own accounts with their own Master Passwords. By default, you would be the Family Organiser and they would be ordinary users. So you get to decide which shared vaults they can see.
    After you have upgraded to Families you can invite them to join your family and they will then be prompted to create their own accounts.

https://support.1password.com/add-remove-family-members/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @digitaldave!

1) My parents live in a different city to me, is that sort of setup allowed with a families account?

Yes.

2) Would my parents use the same master password that I use, or does each individual have their own master password?

No, each user can choose their own Master Password when they create their account :+1:

• digitaldave
    digitaldave
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

Excellent, thanks very much for the replies.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @digitaldave! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.