Unlock with Apple M1

joninla
joninla
Community Member

I have a brand new mac mini. It has Big Sur 11.0.1 and an Apple M1 chip. I can use my watch to unlock the mac but when I try to unlock 1password nothing happens. The watch icon comes up under the password entry box, I click on it and a dialog comes up saying to unlock on the watch but nothing happens on the watch - no screen to enable double click and I end up having to enter my password.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.01
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joninla! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• joninla
    joninla
    Community Member

I have sent in the diagnostics report - should I get an email back from you guys? I haven't seen anything. Also when I try to set up the Apple watch it gets to the screen "Add items from 1password on your phone

• @joninla

Yes, you should receive a reply from BitBot, our automated assistant, with a support ID. If you have one, please provide it so we can connect the dots.

To add items to your watch, please see this set of instructions on how to add items to the watch from 1Password. Items must be added manually and are not automatically synced.

• gaster
    gaster
    Community Member

Is this the number. [#GSU-37953-624]

• gaster
    gaster
    Community Member

I added items but the watch icon doesn’t show up on the 1Password login screen......I’m now us8ng your beta version as instructed.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

@gaster

Yes, that's your support ID. Thank you. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: GSU-37953-624

• uythoang
    uythoang
    Community Member

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro M1. Has there been a resolution or should I submit a diagnostics report too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@uythoang:

Please try updating to 1Password for Mac version 7.8, we have added some improvements in this area which should fix this behavior :+1:

• uythoang
    uythoang
    Community Member

I'm already on version 7.8

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@uythoang:

In that case, please do send us a diagnostics report :+1:

• uythoang
    uythoang
    Community Member

UPDATE: I realized that even macOS wasn't prompting me to unlock with my Watch, so I did a restart on the Watch which fixed it. So now I'm getting Watch unlock prompts for both macOS and 1Password.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@uythoang

That's great news. Enjoy your day!

This discussion has been closed.