1P stopped entering my password on the Vanguard website

kenka433
kenka433
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1P has stopped entering the password on my Vanguard.com login screen. Even if I open the mini browser and tap on autofill or double tap the Vanguard credentials in the list, 1P only fills in the user. I don't remember when this started but it has only been in the past few weeks. Prior to that it always filled in both. I tried quitting 1P completely and quitting Safari but it persists. I though I would trash the Vanguard login in 1P and generate a new set of login credentials, but 1P never offered to save the login when I entered the credentials from Keychain.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.8
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenka433!

I have just tried the Vanguard website and I was able to fill both username and password on the login form, using 1Password in the browser version 11.2.3, like you. I noticed however you mentioned Safari in your post, which does not use version 11.2.3 of the extension. Can you confirm what browser and what extension version exactly this is happening with for you?

• kenka433
    kenka433
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Safari, Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.7). 1Password 7.8 from Password 7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kenka433:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested the website in Safari and 1Password filled both username and password there as well, so it should work for you too. Do you see the same behavior if you create a new Login item with these instructions?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• kenka433
    kenka433
    Community Member

@ag_ana:

Thanks, the newly created login works!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@kenka433 Glad to hear things are working for you now! Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to help more.

This discussion has been closed.