1Password has stopped working completely with all browsers, Firefox Safari. IOS 10.14.6

Options

I am having sudden issues with 1Password in Firefox and also Safari on my IOS 10.14.6.
The browser toolbar icon is greyed out and does not respond to clicks in Firefox but not greyed out in Safari, but get no response to clicks on either.
Computer toolbar icon is not greyed but it also does not fill suggestions or favorites for a website. The field is blank.
I thing there was a recent 1Password update.
Current is 1Password 7 version 7.8.
Please help.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: IOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password has stopped working completely with all browsers, Firefox Safari. IOS 10.14.6

Comments

• Hi @remltr. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with 1Password in your browsers. Since there was a new major update, could you give your Mac a restart, and then make sure you open and unlock 1Password before opening your browsers? Let me know if this helps. :smile:

• remltr
    remltr
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to figure it out. 1Password requires that the desktop app be inside a folder and not in the application folder without an enclosing folder. So I created a 1Password folder and started over with boot up. Works fine now. Thanks for responding.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@remltr:

1Password requires that the desktop app be inside a folder and not in the application folder without an enclosing folder.

That should not be required: I have my 1Password app in my main Applications folder for example, not inside another folder, and things are working. Let us know what you find out with your setup however :+1:

• remltr
    remltr
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana that is what I thought as well as that is the way I had mine set up as well on two computers.
    I checked on the other computer as well.
    Ran the Firefox update, no issues. Ran the 1Password 7 update and bam same problem.
    Put the app inside a folder and rebooted computer and 1Password 7 and problem went away.
    It is one of the troubleshooting suggestions provided.
    So I can work with it now. I am all good.
    Thanks everyone for replying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @remltr, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.