Browser Session Persistence (ie. lock after quit) other than Safari

Options
lspeterman
lspeterman
Community Member

Trying to get a user to love 1password, but one thing they find annoying is that they have to type in their master password every time they open Firefox. As practice, they quit every time they are done with it and I can't talk them into a different behavior. They also won't use Safari or TouchID. The Safari experience rocks, is there a way I can get the Firefox or Chrome experiences to emulate Safari? They do have the client open, version 7.8.

Any advice would be welcome.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lspeterman!

They also won't use Safari or TouchID

Do you know why they don't want to use Touch ID? I ask because our developers are working on bringing Touch ID integration in the Firefox and Chrome extension, similar to what already happens in Safari, but it sounds like this would not help this user?

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

That may help, but I don't want to count on them using that. Ideally, if it can mirror the Safari functionality (session persists if app is open) that would resolve this.

• @lspeterman

It sounds like they'll want to use the classic extension. Which will share the unlock state with 1Password for Mac.

Get the 1Password classic extension

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

What's the roadmap for the classic extension, though? Any plans to add the same unlock state like exists with Safari on Mac?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lspeterman:

The classic extension uses the same unlock state that Safari uses, since they both communicate with the desktop app.

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give it a try and see if I can talk them into TouchID as well. I don't know if the classic UX is ideal for them, as they like to autofill behavior the newer version. So hard to please everyone!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lspeterman:

So hard to please everyone!

True!

This discussion has been closed.