Capitol One shopping opens every time I sign in on website? Why

Options
BrianPro
BrianPro
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

A Capitol One Shopping window opens every time I try to sign-in to the 1password website through a web browser (Firefox). Ultimately I am trying to IMPORT a CSV file, but the Desktop AP only allows limited import types. There is no OTHER choice for CSV imports.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Capitol One often opening a browser window? Why

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BrianPro!

I am not familiar with Capitol One Shopping, or what it does. Can you clarify?

Ultimately I am trying to IMPORT a CSV file, but the Desktop AP only allows limited import types. There is no OTHER choice for CSV imports.

There are several options to import data into 1Password, depending on where the data is coming from. In general however, you can also import CSV files directly on 1Password.com:

Move your data into your account on 1Password.com

• BrianPro
    BrianPro
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I should shut down this installation as I cannot understand why when I sign on to the 1password in Firefox it also opens a capitol one shopping website page. Must e a hack. As for importing, I see the installed desktop APP cannot import CSV, only the browser. Just thought that was odd.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrianPro:

Maybe I should shut down this installation as I cannot understand why when I sign on to the 1password in Firefox it also opens a capitol one shopping website page.

Yes, this certainly sounds odd. 1Password has no connection with Capitol One shopping websites.

As for importing, I see the installed desktop APP cannot import CSV, only the browser. Just thought that was odd.

Indeed, I can see how that could be confusing: at the moment CSV import is available on 1Password.com, not inside the Windows app. Sorry for the confusion!

• BrianPro
    BrianPro
    Community Member
    Options

I can no longer sign in to the site and I need to ensure that both times I closed my account (same email address) that the subscription is not going to charge me. I signed up twice and deleted/closed the account twice due to an inability to sign in. Here are both invoices in_1IX8CwHBax7L5HDfBOYCe68F , and in_1IWJRoHBax7L5HDfWMmGTxrI

Here is what I experienced, the master password stopped working under both subscriptions. After having the first subscription working for a day but having issues (described in previous posts), I uninstalled the 1password App on my desktop, I completely removed the Firefox browser (giving issues as described before) and completely reinstalled my email (for other reasons). I also UNINSTALLED the 1password extension from my Chrome Browser. I then went to the 1password.com website and the Chrome browser refused to sign in, then I get to a page asking for the master and the Master Password, which failed twice. I then deleted that first subscription and re-signed up for the trial again under the same email address, got a new Master password and that new account refused to accept the master password as well. So, I deleted/closed the second subscription.

Can you please ensure both invoices above will never bill me? thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrianPro:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.