The password is provided in the wrong field on a web form

Dear Team,
I'm facing an issue on the website (https://leinoelpro.de/account) after created my account on the same page on the right side.

Description:
I was new in the shop and registered myself by entering on the right side of the page my credentials (generated password by 1Password and provided in the field "Ihr Passwort*".

After I got successfully registered, I tried to re-login with 1password (browser add on 1.23.1 in MS Edge latest version):
My email address was placed correctly on the left side of the page, but the password was again pasted in the field "Ihr Passwort*" and not in the expected one below my given email address (hope you got it :) )

I guess this is an issue with the design on the web page, but I'm wondering if there is a mechanism to "force" to take a dedicated form field for an entry (email address or password).

Have a great day !

Cheers!
Thomas

1Password Version: 7.8 (70800001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: MacBook Air (M1, 2020) 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:The password is provided in the wrong field on the web form

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gromit1965!

I have tested that website with extension version 1.23.1 and I was able to get 1Password to fill the correct login form (the one on the left of the page), by creating a new Login item for that website, with just username and password. I think the confusion on that page comes because the two password fields are named the same, so if you never enter it on the form on the right, 1Password should be able to always fill the right form :)

• Gromit1965
    Gromit1965
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana,
    that was quick :-)

cool - you are right - strange. Good to know

Thanks again for your quick help - I always appreciate !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @Gromit1965! And thank you for the kind words :)

This discussion has been closed.